communications

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: communications
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 95 11:03:31 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
Fred,

One thing that we did (Adirondack Triumph Ass'n) on the largest tours
was to make sure as many people as possible had CB radios and then
spaced those cars out throughout the field, making sure that the lead
car (or cars) and the last car (or last couple cars) had radios.

That worked out pretty well all things considered. And it isn't expensive
to buy the portable CBs that plug into the cig lighter and have an
antenna with a magnetic base. (Put a little square of waxed paper under
the magnetic base to protect the paint.) Before you point out the
fact that older TR's have positive ground, I rigged a cig lighter that
is connected directly to the battery and isolated from the car body so
it's neg ground and the CB works just fine. This was in a '58 TR3A.

It's an option to consider. FWIW, YMMV IMHO, etc, etc.
Rik

Rik Schlierer                 "Weekends don't count unless you
RGS03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US         spend them doing something
NYS DEPT OF HEALTH, ALBANY NY  completely pointless" (Calvin)