Re: electrical problems ??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electrical problems ??
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 13:26:07 -0600
>I keep hearing about low tension and high tension leads.  What does
>tension mean in an electrical context ? Does it  refer to the amount of
>amperage the wires conduct or am I barkin up the wrong tree ? Thanks for
>the suggestion.

"Tension" is ancient-British-speak for voltage. Hi-tension = hi voltage,
the ignition coil secondary and spark plug wires. Low tension is
technically everything else, all the 6/12 volt stuff. But it is usually
used in an ignition system context, i.e. points, ballast resistor, and coil
primary.

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com