Re: Herald Indicators (again)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Herald Indicators (again)
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 08:21:14 +0500
> Having solved a problem with his indiactors (thanks to the help of those on
>this
> list), we now have another problem.  When fitting a new flasher unit to a
>Heral
> 13/60, the indicators work fine for 3 or 4 operations when first fitted, but
> after that, flash on and off very fast.
>
> The bulbs are drawing 36W (=3A) between them (ie. 1.5A each), the flasher is
> rated for 40something Watts.  Could it be an earth problem?

Yes it could be an earth problem.  I'd check the lights themselves and make sure
the the bulb sockets are solidly grounded.  If you really want to solve this
problem,
I'd suggest that you scrap the O.E. flasher (if that's what you used) and put
in a generic heavy duty unit from your local discount auto place.  I did this
on my TR7 and the turn signals are rock steady.

-Jim.
'76 TR7 Federal