RE: Early TR List

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Early TR List
From: "Kurt Oblinger" <Kurt_Oblinger_at_AWP450@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 10:59:32 EST

     I agree wholeheartily, with minor revisions. Yes, lets have a
     segregated list for early TR's, but lets look at it logically.
     The TR2 thru 3B are obvious choices for grouping. And yes, lets
     through in the TR4 because of the drivetrain similarity. And, since
     the TR250 shares the body/chassis (except rear suspension in some
     cases) with the 4/4A, lets throw that one in as well. Then again,
     the TR6 is pretty much a rebodied TR250 so we should include that
     as well. And hey, the engine in the GT6 is a 2 litre version of the
     250/6 2.5 litre it just makes perfect sense to include those. And
     since the GT6 shares chassis/suspension with the Spits, well jeez,
     it only makes sense. And you know, the Spit/Herald 4 bangers have
     a lot in common with the sixes in the 250/6. And remember, the late
     Triumph Roadsters had Vanguard engines which were tuned and modded
     by Mr. Richardson for the TR2 which led to the TR3, then the TR3A....

     Simple huh, problem solved. Sorry gotta go, some guy named Clinton
     is on the phone about Bosnia.

     Kurt Oblinger

     '54 TR2 '57 TR3 '54 Swallow Doretti '62 Vitesse Convt '80 TR7 Spider
     '64 Mini-Cooper S '72 Norton Commando and a partridge in a pear tree..