Re: TR6 carpets

To: kerch@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: TR6 carpets
From: trs@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu (Peter Barrance)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 18:35:16 -0500 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> The hardest part was getting the fascia support bracket back in.  Between the
> plastic gearbox tunnel, the new carpets and the new gearshift boot it just
> doesn't want to fit.

I had terrible trouble with this too. I advise taking the control knob surround
off to avoid messing it up. I found you had to turn the bolts that attach the
bracket to the floor to pull it down under the dash. You can't just get
everything
in position and then slip the bolts in and tighten them. Basically I think
there's a preload on this piece.