Leper Stags

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Leper Stags
From: wiggins.16@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Mike Wiggins)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 20:28:52 -0400
>>From rcruiksh@trumpet.aix.calpoly.edu:
>Just caught your msg on the list re your parents' Stag with chevy v8. I
>have a '71 which has been fitted with a Mazda 13B rotary and trans which I
>inherited from a friend. I need to do the exhaust system, drive shaft and
>electrics and it should be ready to roll. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>R.C.

     Regarding the Stag with the chevy V8, the biggest problem we faced was
getting the shortened drive shaft to hook up to the diff.  Fortunately the
Stag is an automatic, if it hadn't been, the gear shift would've given us a
big problem, as the tranny sat too far back.
     There really is no point to putting a larger engine in, our Stag
chirped its tires every time it shifted.  We got the car with a blown engine
for peanuts, and didn't want a big investment or hassle with the genuine
artifact.
     (BTW, I'll keep the engine in the Stag I'm getting 'till it don't go no
more)

Mike Wiggins
Outreach Program Demonstrator
Center of Science and Industry (COSI)