Re: TR-6 as an every<9510021542.AA14889@ad0.reach.com>

To: rvince00@counsel.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 as an every<9510021542.AA14889@ad0.reach.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 12:12:12 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Ross wrote:-

>Checked my mail this morning for the first time in a few days.
>Rich from Northampton, U.K. listed all the repairs made to his Mk
>IV Spitfire and  the following description sounds suspiciously
>similar to what I expect I will have done to my 64 Spit Mk I by
>the time I finish.  What I want to know is -- How much did all of
>this rebuild cost????

Well, a brief break down of the costs goes something like:-

'73 Mk IV Spitfire - 200 pound
S/H engine(Good bores, NO cam) - 50 pound
Carb rebuild kit - 40 pound
New Distributor(AC Delco with Tacho Drive) - 40 pound (bit of a bargain that)
Copper Brake pipe - 8 pounds for 24 feet (I've got my own flaring kit)
Stainless Braided Hoses - 35 pounds for 4 (From TSSC Special offers)
Rear Cylinders - 14 pounds a pair
Caliper rebuild kit - 8 pounds (Kit does both calipers from John Kipping)
Recon G/Boc AND O/Drive + Mount - 290 pounds (From JK)
Front Shocks - 37 pounds per pair
Front Springs - 40 pounds per pair
Rear Shocks - 30 pounds per pair
Rear Spring - 55 pound
Ball joints - 20 pounds per pair
Track rod ends - 14 pounds per pair
Rear Trunnion Bushes - 8 pounds per pair
Front Trunnion bushes - 7 pounds per pair
Alternator - I was given it by a friend(Brand new off a GT6)
Water pump - Knicked it off my Herald
Gear linkage kit - 8.50
S/H GT6 Doors for internals - 15 pounds per pair
Wishbone and radius arm bushes 12 of - 9 pounds total
Roll Bar bushes - 5 pounds per pair
Roll bar end links - 17 pounds per pair
New soft top - 75 pounds
About 5 UJ's - 30 pounds total
4 tyres(tires) - 112 pounds total
LandRover Headlamps - Free

Total - 1167.50 pounds Aaarrgghhhh......I wish I hadn't worked that out

No, I suppose for 38000 miles of driving, that ain't too bad, I would hate to
work out the cost of the petrol though :-)  It usually averages about 34-36 mpg
but I have got 47mpg on a run before.

>BTW, can I borrow a couple of thousand pounds old chap????

Sorry olde Chap, but ones bloody well skint now, what!!!!   :-)

AND I've still got the body to sort out yet, luckily, I was given a GT6 tub
that had had new front floors and boot floor, sills, and rear valance.  So
these should cut the cost down considerable, all I need now is a pair of rear
wings, rear lamp panel and a decent bonnet.....

Rich - Oh god, why did I work that out - Jackson
Northampton
England.