Re: Trannie Lube

To: aj253%rgfn.epcc.Edu_at_internet_gateway@prairie.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trannie Lube
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 95 07:49:01 PST
Text item:

Why not make it easy and use Redline MTL (Manual Trans Lube)?  Good stuff
and it's safe for the brass synchros.  I don't know if the Valvoline lube
is brass safe or not.

Mike

Okay, there has always seemed to be a lot of experts on the line, so how
about some input.
 I just replaced the trannie on my 68 GT6. Non O/D.
 I have always had excellent results from a 50/50 mixture of Moery's oil
stabilizer and Valvoline SAE 70 racing gear lube.
 This time however, in an effort to protect the investment in the new (not
rebuilt) trannie, I used my usual mixture of lube with one modification.
I added about 3 oz. of "Man Trans" Slick 50 wear protectant.
 Oil level was correct, new front seal and gasket etc.
 I noticed that aftera drive, there is a puddle of "foamy" oil dripping
and as a result, the level continues to drop.
 Question: Does the Slick 50 additive cause the lube to foam excessively
capturing air and creating excessive pressure in the trannie , causing
the foamy oil to leak?
 This is my first experience with Slick 50, and so far, I'm not realy happy
with it.
 Any feedback?
Tony R.
69GT6