Rear Oil Seal, GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Oil Seal, GT6
From: thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us (Thomas J Howard)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 09:32:40 -0700
I am changing out the transmission on my GT6, sooo.....   It seems a good
time to take care of that leaky rear engin oil seal.   I got a new seal from
John Kipping when ordering the transmission.    The question.   How to align
the seal?   I don't believe that all of those Churchill (sp)  exist!
Second, just how important is a precise alignment of the seal?   It seems
that there is little one can do to position the seal holder vertically as it
must contact the oil sump.

I plan to use RTV Blue between the block and oil seal holder.

Your thoughts?

Thomas J Howard
  Lakeside Union School District