Re: Return of the unleaded thread<951020133133.23c48f8d@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.C

To: dan parslow <DJP@alpha.sunquest.com>
Subject: Re: Return of the unleaded thread<951020133133.23c48f8d@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 09:20:24 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>With specific respect to Triumph 6-cylinder engines (in my case
>a Vitesse, head equivalent to a Mk I GT6) has anybody experienced
>valve recession problems when going over to unleaded?

>I've started her on premium unleaded with a wee dram of Marvel's
>Mystery Oil (tee-em) in the hope that this will help provide the
>missing lubrication.   Do I have much to worry about?  How is
>Triumph steel at handling unleaded?

Dan,  and others.

I have been using a mix of unleaded with the occassional dose of lead for
nearly two years and 40,000 miles, when I did the clutch the other week I
noticed how easy it was to turn the flywheel by hand, so hopefully in the near
future I'll whip the head off and check the state of things in there, I don't
think it rings causing the lack of compression as it doesn't burn any oil, but
it's a Triumph, so who knows.
I'll keep you posted when I get round to it.

While I'm on the subject, anyone know the actual diameter of the valve heads
for a MK IV Spit with the bigger valves.

TIA.

Rich(UK spec version)
Leicestershire(Next to Rutland where Ruddles comes from  hic!!)
England