Re: TR3A poll, TRA Concourse Judging

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A poll, TRA Concourse Judging
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 07:04:18 EDT
For Andy Mace and all the other late TR3A/TR3B owners out there who are
worried about their lip contour and TRA judging standards, I dragged out my
copy and looked up the front apron section.  Nothing is specifically stated
about the wide mouth lip contour.  I had a discussion of this with John
Warfield (TRA Pres) and he stated that they were written this way since smooth
aprons appeared regularly on post-60000 cars.   TRA rules allow either.  The
question is, should we go back and specify that only post-60000 cars are
allowed to have smooth grilles in our judging rules?   I left that up to John.

Botton line: post 60000 cars don't worry, we gotcha' covered.

Bruce Clough