Re: "Design" contest

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Design" contest
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 10:53:04 -0800 "triumphs@autox.team.net digest #28 Wed Nov 1 02:35:19 MST 1995" (Nov 1, 2:35am)
I just changed the belt on my TR4A this past weekend; it suffers from the same
problem as the 6 - the pulley is too close to the rack. The solution is easy:
jack up the *engine* by the sump. Just enough that the load is starting to come
up off the wheels; this will stretch the engine mounts just enough.

It'll be lots easier on a 6 where you're not trying to cram a wide/thick belt
throught the slot...

Crank pulleys almost always require a puller and probably require yanking the
radiator to get enough clearance to remove the bolt...and pullting the cross
tube back in is easier if you jack the car up by the front crossmember and
allow the suspension to sag just a bit. It's never easy, though. ("If it was
easy, anyone could do it.")