Re: Carbon on piston heads and other worries <951101115655_7

To: SDTilton@aol.com
Subject: Re: Carbon on piston heads and other worries <951101115655_79822938@emout06.mail.aol.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 11:34:41 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>SDTilton@aol.com said:
 > Ummmm,  any concerns here about it being a wet liner engine?  I didn't wanna
 > do much rotating for fear that a sleeve might move around.  (perhaps I"m
 > being paranoid. . )

Liners are usually interference fits into the block and take mongo force to
dissassemble.  I wouldn't worry about it.

The liners in a Bentley 4-1/4 litre engine take a 2.5 tonne press to insert,
ferinstance. (I was just reading the service bulletins the other night...)

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center