Re: TR3A poll

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A poll
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 95 14:13:24 -0800
In message <Pine.PCW.3.91.951101145709.4759A-100000@dos185.nysed.gov> Andrew
Mace writes:

> TeriAnn, have you been able to establish any sort of correlation between
> the "smooth rounded upper lip front aprons" and the use of the smaller,
> smooth letter sets (TR4/Herald/Spitfire style)? Would you consider
> adding a question about presence/absence/type of letters to your poll?

Since all the smooth rounded aprons I have seen have ribbed letters except the
late TR3Bs, I do not believe there is a correlation there.  I think the
correlation has a lot more to do with TR3s being built later than originally
anticipated for the US market, running out of ribbed letters and replacing them
with smooth letters from the new TR4 production line.

I thought that transition was documented but since my car has ribbed letters I
never really gave the timing a lot of thought.  I was just tired of people
telling me my front valance had been modified so I decided to research it a
little & collect data.

If your keen on ribbed vs unribbed letters, I would be happy to add a data point
on your poll.

Take care,

TeriAnn