RE: My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease<199511070648.WAA08806@ix10.ix.netcom

To: davcla@ix.netcom.com
Subject: RE: My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease<199511070648.WAA08806@ix10.ix.netcom.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 1995 09:03:07 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>>Are we talking 1500 Spitfire here?  If so, the twin-circuit brake
>masteris a real bitch.  The guys at the local brit-car shop said "you
>don't wantto even think about rebuilding it -- but we expect you won't
>take our wordfor it 'til you try."  I tried, and it was a waste of my
>time.  Cough upthe ~$160 bucks for a new one.
>>
>>     Mark Joerger
>>     Salem, Oregon
>>

>Mark,

>I have it apart and except for getting the wrong part initially, I dont
>see what is so difficult.  Maybe you can enlighten me/us.

I have rebuilt a dual circuit M/C for a friends late Spitfire 1500(the car was
registered in Aug '81, exactly a year after production ceased)  I found this to
be easy enough to do as long as I followed the instructions correectly and
installed all three seals the correct ways(NOTE, I say ways as one seal fits in
the opposite direction to the others).

So I say go for it, these things were made to be repaired from time to time,
not renewed, this ain't no Mazda we're talking about.....:-)

Rich
Northampton
England