GT6 Sump removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Sump removal
From: thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us (Thomas J Howard)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 15:12:20 -0800
Can I get the sump off a 1972 GT6, Mk3 without taking the engine out of the car.

It does not look like it.   The steering gear is only about 1/2" from the
bottom of the pan.   Maybe by taking out the steering gear and then trying
to slip it by the back plate and cross member of the frame?

I have just replaced the transmission and redone the interior as well as
about 3 dozen other small repairs.   I would REALLY  like to take a look at
the rod bearings but do not want to pull the engine.

What does experance tell you.  Tell me.

Thank you.

Tom Howard
'72 GT6