Triumph dashboard restoration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph dashboard restoration
From: thubb123@csra.net (Trent H. Hubbard)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 11:48:35 -0700
        Has anyone on the list had any experience with re-veneering a TR-6
dash. I am attempting to do so on my spare dash and would like to know the
results, if any, that any of you might have had with doing this.
        I decided to try this after looking through a friends woodworking
supply cataloge and finding that the veneer necesary costs about $20.
Compared to the $180 some odd dollars that TRF wants for a replacement doing
it myself seemed to make pretty good economic sense.  I peeled the old
veneer off using a combination of razorblades, chisles, and glazing knife
(even though it peels off in the car does not mean that it comes off easily
when you want it to).  After sanding the remaining veneer and glue off with
100 grit paper the dash appears ready to be covered.  I will keep you posted
on the sucess, or failure, of the project.
        The cataloge I sourced is Constantine's Spring 95.  Their phone
number is 1-800-223-8087.