Lifetime deals?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lifetime deals?
From: Ceraldi-ERC004_Richard%PWMS1@email.mot.com
Date: 21 Nov 95 16:23:24 -0600
Forget the TRF pi$$in match. How about some good news!

      Many moons ago I bought a battery from J.C.Penny that had a lifetime
warranty. After letting my car sit for and long time due to many parts being
made out of unobtanium in the 80's I got it to the point where it needed a
battery again. During the resurection I found a disintegrating piece of paper
in
the glove box. As it crumbled and was turning to dust before my eyes I realized
it was the receipt from back in '72 for the battery.
    The remains were sealed in an airtight nitrogen filled container ;-) and
brought to Penny's. They had long since got out of the auto business. They did
however make a deal Firestone to honor their warranties in exchange for their
locations at the Malls. The  store manager at first was skeptical until the
receipt dematerialized in front of him as it was unfolded.  He told me nobody
could forge something like that and to take a (new) slip of paper to Firestone
and pick up a new one.
     The Firestone guy had never seen a battery so old. He questioned the holed
drilled into the posts like that would get him out of the deal. But a call to
the manager who had seen the holy receipt smoothed the way and a new battery
with a special sticker denoting its Penny's heritage was placed in my trunk. He
didn't want to drill the holes for the helmets.
    That was 4 years ago and tonight I go to pick up another new battery
compliments of J.C.Penny. The paper is in great shape this time and the lady on
the phone said come on down and get it. This was probable one of the best
purchases ever made for the old TR at $26.95.  The only way to top it isto see
if  I can get my lifetime front end alignment honored ($12.50) at Brake-O. That
crumbling receipt was stuck to the other one!

Richard I wish I had the shock receipts Ceraldi
1971 GT6 MKIII