Re: Electronic ignitions

To: lmdpth@lmd.ericsson.se
Subject: Re: Electronic ignitions
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 95 02:22:43 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Hi
>
>I have seen some adds for electronic ignition systems for older cars,
>does anybody in this group have any experiences with them? Do they
>improve the running/reliability?
>
> - Peter

Peter,
 I have had experience with the Crane systen, and the Allison optical
pick-up system as well as the MSD mod. 626A.
 For reliability and perfromance improvement, the MSD system is more to
my liking.
 It's not a $99.00 wonder cure all, but then you get what you pay for.
 The MSD system, depending on how far you want to take it can run about
$200. But as I said, if it's reliability and performance.......
Regards,
Tony R.                                     68 has MSD and runs like a
 66,67,68,69GT6                             stripped a__ ape!!
64TR4 oops
TTFN
###