Re: TR10 (really L-O-N-G respon

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR10 (really L-O-N-G respon
From: Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk (Keith Bennett)
Date: 22 Nov 95 20:32:31 EST
Andy Mace writes:-

>There was a factory tuning kit (the usual 2 SUs, etc.) for the 10, and
>the car enjoyed some success in rallying, under the skilled driving of
>no less than Stirling Moss among others.

It seems appropriate in the light of today's events in the U.K. to
mention that in 1955 Jimmy Ray and Brian Harrocks won the RAC rally
outright in a Standard 10! Another one driven by Ken Richardson and K.
Heathcote came third.

(Colin McRae won the RAC rally today to become the first British World
Rallying champion. Shame he had to use a Japanese car!)

Keith Bennett                                Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk

                           |HHHH|||||
        S T A N D A R D    |HHHH|||||      T R I U M P H
                         \______HHHHHHH/