Re: You know your a DPO when<199511230957.KAA03632@bandbox.Holland.Sun.C

To: Lennart.Broekhof@Holland.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: You know your a DPO when<199511230957.KAA03632@bandbox.Holland.Sun.COM>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 10:52:48 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>] >1) You use bathtub caulk to seal a leaky windscreen gasket.
>]
>] Oooops(Guilty of charge 1)

>Or tape on you bonnet to make the rust disappear, éh Rich :-)

OK, OK I admit it, I've made some pretty Sh*tty bodges to MY cars in the
past(Alright, I admit it, I still do).

The tape was to cover the sharpe jagged rusty wheel arch edges when I took my
wreck to Holland for the Spitfire weekend.  I only had to use the tape because
when the verticle link last snapped(it's getting a bit of a habit) the wheel
flew up as the chassis hit the tarmac and knocked all the filler(bondo) and
newspaper out that I had patiently slapped in and smoothed of for the previous
MOT!!

I am now looking for a decent MkIV Spitfire bonnet to replace the rusty and
dented one on my car(I'm bloody sure some Bas.....(Illegitimate child) jumped
on it one night and put a nice shallow dent in it).

Anyway, am I the only one on the list who has, or who will admit to having made
a few(!) bodges to his(or her, must show some political correctness) own car?
The worst I can remember making was glueing a metal plate over a rust hole in
the floor of my Morris Minor to stop water getting in!!

I have suffered at the hands of DPO bodges aswell, like having to drive 55-60
miles with the rear drivers side outrigger of my Herald 13/60 Estate having
broken off!!!  Previously having been welded on professionally!  Try
disconnecting a rear radius arm on your Spitfire/GT6 and you'll get an idea of
what it's like!!!!! :-)

Rich
Northampton
England.