List bashing

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: List bashing
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 15:26:02 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Hate to say it, but at this point I'd have to agree with the
"list basher" in question.  In the last year the volume of
these britcar-related lists increased tremendously, while the
signal-to-noise ratio has decreased at least proportionately.
There are indeed a lot of really inane threads these days.

At the risk of sounding elitist (which I frankly am) I preferred
the list in the days when you only got net access if your company
or university wanted to give it to you.  Maybe I'm just being
nostalgic.  At any rate, I really wish new subscribers would read
Mark's welcome message and try to work within the spirit of the
advice it gives on posting.  I'd also like to see a lot more replies
going directly to the questioner rather than the whole list.

As a general rule, a reply that gives useful information about a
something genuinely and broadly British car related is suitable
for posting.  As is a joke, if you're _real_damn_sure_ it's
funny.  Otherwise try to show a little judgement, please.  My net
access is through my place of work, and it's getting to the point
where I just don't have enough time anymore.

- Dan Parslow, himself known to offend in this regard on occasion...