Dash Pot Oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash Pot Oil
From: Ceraldi-ERC004_Richard%PWMS1@email.mot.com
Date: 6 Dec 95 09:46:31 -0600

     With this vast brain trust at my disposal I could not resist taking the
easy way out by asking the group, selflessly  allowing me more driving time.
     On my 71 GT6, the Strombergs within the last 5 months can't seem to hold
their oil. Every week I check the them and one is basically empty and the other
close to dry. The only thing I have done to them in recent times is change the
diaphrams. I also spray massive amounts of carburator cleaner (Berrymans) on a
regular basis through them with the engine running.
    I am  using the "SU Dash Pot oil" sold by Moss. Is it too thin?  Is there
some king of seal or o-ring on the bottom I can't see? Any ideas how it gets
out
so fast. I had no probems when I using  30 wt in the summer and ATF in the
winter for years and it stayed in. I Help before oil prices go up and I can't
afford to oil the carbs.

   By the way I did order a gearbox and steering rack last week from Kippings.
I'll report back the total prices and how pissed the UPS guy was when the parts
arrive.

Thanks,
Richard
71 GT6 KF 166L