TRIUMPH TIP #1

Subject: TRIUMPH TIP #1
From: "Alexander Joseph H" <RW20232@deere.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1995 13:09:13 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Comment: MEMO
If you have a TR3 and your oil filler cap is the dome type that has the
wire mesh inside....This feature allows an amazing amount of oil residue
to float around and deposit itself all over your engine compartment.

if you take a bulky sock and cut the top off and roll it double, then
fit it over the cap and around the neck it will stop this condition with
out interfering with the breather. I have a white triumph and the result
was dramatic. Bill Dentinger of Beady Eye Vintage Racing followed this
tip with his french blue racer and was amazed at the difference (think
of the racing conditions). A wrist band for tennis might work. I am
currently using a red sock because it doesnt show the dirt.

Joe
rw20232@deere.com