RE: GT6 Interior

To: robs@islandnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 Interior
From: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Date: 18 Dec 95 10:54:29 -0600

>I am restoring a 1972 GT6 MK3 that i have had for several years (8). I am
>looking for the stock headliner mat. (white),seat inserts mat. (black) .
Any
>information on a suppler of the stock mat. would be greatly appreciated.

    A few years ago I was going nuts looking for one of these. I finally got
one from using a catalog that was from the early 70's that had a part number
listed. I called and was informed the number was no longer current but they
still hade one shown to be in stock! I think in my search I called soo many
times to suppliers that they must have thought there was some demand for
them.
    They are available from most of the US parts companies now. I got mine
from Victoria British, but TRF has them also. The one I got from VB had a
made in England sticker on it (but it was sitting on the shelf for a lot of
years) Another source in England has them, John Kipping in Coventry (I just
looked it up in my new catalog) .
    At first I was going to pay some place to install it as I have never
done a headliner before. But after thinking about it a while, I figured that
if I could take the car down to the frame, get it all back together with a
minimum amount of screws left over why not attemp the headliner. It was
pretty easy, especially if the windshield gasket is out (or really new). 3M
makes a really good spray adhesive available at most auto stores for this
application.
      The only thing I might of done different was to replace those plastic
bags of insulation in the roof with something more modern but I had the bags
and was keeping the whole car original.
Good Luck and keep the glue off your fingers,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L