TR-6 details

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 details
From: HENSONJ@LYNX.APSU.EDU
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 21:44:42 -0600 (CST)
I am nearing the end of a project with my 1970 TR-6. I purchased it as
a running shell. Most of the interior was out, and many pieces were
missing. (many POs while apart) A couple of things are not clear for
me, and I do not have an example car to look at.

1. What is the orientation of the "A" post gasket? This item fits where
the side windows meet the windscreen post. I think it fits with the
round portion at the apex of the angled area of the w/s post and the
flat portion extending toward the outside of the car. I did note from the
glue pattern that it extends below the w/s into the door frame area.
(The w/s was too abused to have a glue pattern remaining)

2. How is the convertible top material secured to the stiffner plate at
the rear of the cockpit? How does this relate to the male snaps for
the tonneau? My best guess is that the top material wraps around the
stiffner plate and the snaps are pop-riveted through both layers of the
top material.

Thanks for the advice. I hope evryone is having a nice holiday season.

Jim Henson
Austin Peay State University (MIS)
Clarksville, TN

1970 TR-6