too much to read

To: all <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: too much to read
From: John Bertsche <103136.3056@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 May 96 13:51:56 EDT
I just got back from a vacation in Germany and was wondering if there was a way
to organize or sort the messages on the list to avoid having to sift/scan though
forty or
fifty letters a day to find the stuff I can use? I get the digest rather than
individual messages, as this was recommended to me. I think Brian Lanoway
suggested the  possibility of a Compuserve type of forum about ten days ago, but
I can't remember  where I saw it, and I didn't see any responses on the SOL
list.  I love the SOL list, it's just too hard to find stuff and organize into
files every day, and even though I've only been a subscriber for a month or so
I've already got too much to deal with.

As long as I'm here, a few other things I'd like to mention:

1) TRF gets my vote. I don't care if Charles likes teddy bears and wishes he was
an
    RAF pilot. I've never purchased from anyone else except for the most dire
   emergency.

2) While in Germany this past week I drove the Autobahn a lot in a rented BMW.
    The car topped out at an indicated 203 km/h, and I was passed often by cars
    going much faster. A lady in a Mercedes going an estimated 230 km/h passed
   me and my traveling companion was astounded to see her poring over a map or
   something that she had on the passenger seat, not looking at the road at all.
Also
   while driving close to 200 km/h in the left lane I saw what I think was an
RX-7
   coming up fast behing me in the right lane. I pulled over to the right lane,
thinking
   this was required, even though it meant braking hard for a truck.  The Mazda
   veered left and passed me at an estimated 260 km/h.  It was one of those edgy
   moments that had me wondering whether I should have just let him stay in the
   right lane until he passed me, and then go left around the truck. Is there an
   etiquette among these kind of drivers that I should have known about? i.e.,
   is everyone supposed to just "freeze" so they can pretend they're on a video
   game? For the most part German drivers were excellent, and in spite of these
   two incidents I feel safer at 200 km/h over there than at half that speed
here.

that's all...

                  jb