want suggestions for TR6 perormance increases.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: want suggestions for TR6 perormance increases.
From: jsnyder@snicc.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)
Date: Thu, 16 May 96 11:02:41 CDT
I am about to rebuild my '71 TR6 engine and would like some suggestions
as to some cost-effective means to get some moderate performance increase.
While I have done a number of engine rebuilds in the past, they have
generally been with stock components. What I am looking for is a good
daily driver with just a little less tri and a little more umph.

As I say, cost is a definite consideration, so a ranking by most effective
mods would be appreciated. New dual Webers are definitely out.

A specific question regarding porting and polishing heads: I have the tools
(die grinder, etc) to port and polish heads, though I have never done this.
Is this something that a mechanically inclined amatuer can do. Exactly
what/how much material would you remove. (I am assuming that this is primarily
to smooth out casting marks.) Does anyone know of any literature to give
instructions on this? How much effect does this have without othernengine mods?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Snyder