Factory offered pain

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Factory offered pain
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 12:21:03 EDT

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

On  Tue, 21 May 96  Dave  Tait asked:
I am thinking of having my 1978 Spitfire repainted this fall
after some minor body work. Does any body have a  paint chip card
or a list of the offered colors for that make and year. the code
on the drivers door post is 93. According to the Illustrated
Triumph Buyers Guide, by a Mr.Richard Newton,  makes it Russet
Brown, I think I would prefer a BRG or some shade of blue if it
was available that year..

*************************************

John Thomason's book  "Triumph Spitfire and GT6 - A Guide to
Originality" lists all of the color codes for all years.   BRG is
color coded "75".  There is also a "Brooklands Green" coded "HAE"
that is similar.  The blues are (in order from lightest to
darkest) Wedgewood Blue (26); French Blue (126); Pagent Blue
(JAE); Sapphire Blue (76); Royal Blue (56) and Deflt Blue (136).

It isn't clear when each paint was available.  It appears that the
alphabetically coded paints were offered in later years in
addition to most of the numerically coded paints, but I am not
sure of this.  Perhaps Andy Mace or somebody else has another
source who can confirm this.  Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery)