paint prep?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (TRIUMPHS)
Subject: paint prep?
From: Don Haw <don@buster.ngs.noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 30 May 96 9:30:32 EDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
 Hi all:

I am going to paint my '76 Spit.  Probalbly using the K-mart spray can method.
What tools do I use to prepare the surface for paint.  I have some rust
on the trunk lid.  Do I need a special sander or just my $20.00 electric
drill with some fancy attachment?  Should I prime the entire car?  What color
primer?

Also, my battery box is rusted out.  Should I order a plastic box to replace it
or should I get some flashing or what?

Don Haw
'76 Spit
University Park, Maryland

P.S. I noticed a lot of you will put some witty saying or catch phrase at the
     end.  Here is one that my grandfather (Paw Paw Haw) once said:

     "The human race is going to screw themselves out of a place at the
     dinner table."