Looking for TR6 in San Jose area

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for TR6 in San Jose area
From: wisem@db.erau.edu (Mark A. Wise)
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 12:06:29 -0500
Hi all.  I'm new to the list, and will soon be moving to the San Jose/Bay
area.  Since I am moving to CA, from FL, I decided to buy a TR6 in CA (and
avoid the impact fee, etc.).

Anyway, I was hoping that you folks in the area could help me locate a TR6.
I'm looking for a car in good mechanical condition with a solid body.  Not
necessarily "show quality" but reliable (at least as reliable as a British
sports car can be :). I'm not too proud to admit that I'm not the most
mechanically gifted person. I'm looking to spend in the $4500-$6000 range.

Is anyone out there selling, or know of someone selling, a TR6?  Year
doesn't matter as much as "quality."  Also, do any of you know of a shop,
in the area, where I could take a prospective TR for an inspection (i.e.,
compression check, leaks, etc.)?  And, of course, if anyone out there would
want to look at a few cars with me that would be great.  It's always nice
to have another pair of critical eyes.

Please respond to me personally at: wisem@db.erau.edu

Thanks in advance...

- mark

   Mark A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-7104
   Department of Psychology                        Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
   University of Central Florida                E-mail: wisem@db.erau.edu
   Orlando, FL   USA