Re: Front sway bar - used to be RE: Spit Swing Springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Front sway bar - used to be RE: Spit Swing Springs
From: CD_Plucker_at_SGE-BWNS@framatech.com
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 96 09:19:25 EST

     Mike, I built a 1" diameter sway bar for my GT6 with solid heim joint
     end links. The car is now a go-kart. It is tremendusly fun,steering
     response is immediate and it corners on rails. The only problem is the
     thing rides like a go kart, but hey these things aren't Lincons are
     they?

     Chris Plucker in VA

     68 GT6
     87 Merkur

I jumped at the word 'front sway bar'. Does one benefit from JUST changing
that to a thicker diameter - as VB tries to convince me in their catalogue?
Will it increase my handling? Like Ross, I don't intend to autocross it or
anything like that - only the occasional curves (on the road...)

Thanks,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine)
....not responsible for any of these changes...
....the DPO did it....hmmmm.....