Those *&^%$ SU's

To: <markt@ep.cursci.com>
Subject: Those *&^%$ SU's
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 96 7:37:15 -24000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I recently went thru some problems with my recently rebuilt SU's leaking fuel
between the jet and bushing.

There is a collar where the choke linkage connects, which is supposed to
rotate freely around the jet to prevent binding.  I found that the plastic
parts the new jets are largely built of are a little sticky, the choke
linkage was binding, and there was just enough misalignment to cause some gas
to leak out (and smell up the garage).

I fiddled with this little collar enough to properly orient the connection so
it wasn't in a bind, and voila! no leaks.

This was after checking the needles, floats, gaskets, jet attachments, etc....

regards,

Sean Johnson