RE: "New" TR7 FHC

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'DUHART JOHN'" <duhart@symbol.COM>
Subject: RE: "New" TR7 FHC
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 14:57:19 -0600
Encoding: 65 TEXT
FHC - Fixed Head Coupe (?) does this mean hardtop or is more mechanical
in nature??? Also what does NOS mean???

Here's an email exchange I had recently with someone named Mark Hyman
who I don't know but merely came accross an ad for the car described
below on a web page. Mark's email address is "hymanltd@ix.netcom.com". I
do not have any interest in this car etc...

$29,500(US) seems very steep but there really does appear to be only 8
miles on it. Wonder what a British version of this would fetch (ie.
150bhp, PI, etc).

My exchange with the advertiser (Mark) begins here:

>Peter Zaborski wrote:
>>
>> Your ad says:
>>
>> "1976 Triumph TR6 Roadster New car with 8 original miles. No better TR6
>> in the world! Stock No. 837. $29,500. Ad -1446897528"
>>
>> Can I get some more info on this car? How can it have only 8 miles on
>> it? Is this for real (if so, I wonder what kind of state the engine and
>> other mechanicals are in)?
>>
>> What is the serial number of the car? Color? Interior? Hard top
>> included?
>>
>> Any further info greatly appreciated...
>>
>> PZ
>

>Hello,
>
>Car was put away by the dealer in 1976. It is dard red with tan
>interior. Car has not been run since new so it would need carburator
>and
>hydralic work.W have all documents to prove miles. Please call for more
>
>info. Mark 314-524-6000

End of my exchange with the advertiser.

Original post to triumphs@autox.team.net below: