RE:import duties

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:import duties
From: "deers" <deers@som-uky.campus.mci.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:28:23 -0400
my experience has been that if it's in a persons name an not a business you
don't pay duties up to a certain amount.  I can't right off remember the
amount tho. I've ordered from rimmer bros. several times an others an found
that to be so. once I slipped an ordered in my business name. not only did
I get a big hassle at the airport (seems a business is suppose to have an
import agent) but I paid a good amount in duties. I'm thinking it was
somewhere around 15%. I tried to tell them it was for my own car buttttttt
alas no good!! they told me next to not use my business name or get an
agent.
danny