Re: "Smog Check Phase II" in California, USA

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: "Smog Check Phase II" in California, USA
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 16:27:26 -0400
Hello Shane,

Thanks for the information you posted, but maybe there was not much action
last time because the warnings sound slightly over-wrought, especially the
`confiscate and crush' part.  The most drastic law that I've heard of in-
volves a refusal to license a gross polluter; that's a very long way from
confiscation, and all the Police State implications of using the latter
word--sounds like something from the Rush Limbaugh School of Journalistic
Hyperbole.  There are other plans for buy-outs of old smokin cars, and all
of those I've seen offered something like $500. for them.  I'd jump at the
chance to sell my '76 Pinto for that, since the local salvage yard's offer
is $75...

Talk radio shows, IMHO, are designed to sell commercial air time, and all
too often truth is sacrificed on the altar of the Almighty Dollar.

More two-cent opinions available--cheap !!  Inquire at Office...

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio