Silicone brake fluid.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Silicone brake fluid.
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 18:29:16 -0400
Hello to the list:
Questioning if anyone has had experience with using silicone brake fluid in
a TR.  I'm just in the process of rebuilding the complete brake system on my
TR3A and was wondering if this would be a good time to consider changing to
a silicone brake fluid.  By all advertising accounts, your problems are over
when you switch to this stuff.  No more water in the fluid and rusty brake
bits and for a car that sits for long periods it seems like the ideal brake
fluid.  I spoke to a MGB owner (suspicious) and he is using the stuff and
maintains that it is great.  However, have spoken to others and they
maintain that it is difficult to bleed properly and it may have some effect
on rubber brake parts.

Any members with first hand experience with silicone brake fluid care to
share their comments or impressions?  Cost not a big factor here as the
price of the stuff is coming down and if it as good as the claims, it should
be a bargin in terms of money saved in replacing brake parts.

Thanks in advance.
Angelo Graham
1959 TR3A
Waterloo, Ont. Canada