Re: Heater Valve for Spitfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Valve for Spitfire
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 06:04:43 -0800
A lot of times you can use a different year, even different marque heater
valve.  I'm not quite sure of a MKI valve, but on my MKIV I used a different
year and swaped the top half of the new valve (the part that wears out) for
the part I needed.  It's simple enough to do by simply drilling out the
rivet and twisting the body apart, (reassemble in the reverse order,
re-riveting or small screw to secure).  Of course if you don't have a valve
or are retrofitting or replacing a missing valve you may be out of luck.
Check out different valves and see if mixing and matching will work for you,
you may get lucky.  This works great because a lot of times one base works
on one car but not the other.  Likewise with the tops, and not all
combinations of tops/bases are available. But by mixing and matching
tops/bases you may be able to get what you need-

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (under-going major surgery) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+