TR6 Engine running on

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Engine running on
From: "Mike Hooper" <hooper@genrad.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:25:12 -0000
Hi,

I've just re-subscribed to this list after a long absence so I hope this
subject hasn't been covered recently, if it has sorry and could someone
forward me any conclusions, thanks.

My problem is that my TR6 'runs-on' for several seconds after switching the
ignition off.

I should explain here that this is a recently rebuilt engine with twin SU
HS6 carbs. I attempted to set up the timing dynamically to 4deg ATDC as
specified in various manuals but have had to settle on about 10 deg BTDS to
run without misfiring, I guess this may be due to the carbs and a possible
increase in compression ratio.

Does anyone have any advice on how to cure this run-on problem, would
cooler spark plugs help? If so what is recommended?

Thanks in advance for any advice received.

Mike. Hooper.
'74 TR6
Manchester
England.