Re: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Marco Bill,Integrated

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Marco Bill,Integrated C/S SW Expertise Center" <bill@zuo.dec.com>]
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 16:20:06 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

>      Subject: How to renew the leather ?
>      Date: Mon, 04 Nov 96 12:01:07 +0100
>      From: "Marco Bill,Integrated C/S SW Expertise Center" <bill@zuo.dec.com>
>
> Hello friends
>
> I'm in progress of restoring the interior of my 55' TR2.
> What is the best way to restore the leather ? Is there
> any good way to clean/refresh the leather ? Or do I have to
> rebuild everything with new leather ?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Marco Bill
>
> bill@mail.dec.com

Bill:

I am also renewing(?) the leather interior of my Daimler 2.5 V-8
saloon. I have been in contact with Croftgate, a company in England
that manufactures leather car products. I got their name from an
article that was in Practical Classics Magazine. They have a kit that
is supplied with a crack filler that will fill cracks and/or surface
cuts in the leather, but they recommend the filler be used only on
firm (whatever that means) leather.

The leather dye kit includes:
Pre dye cleaner
Defect Filler
Leateher Dye
Top Sealant
Leathercare oil

They do require a sample of clean leather to match color from.
Instructions are supplied. The kit costs 75 pounds sterling.

I will be getting a kit from them when I am ready to do my interior.

I have no interest in the company and the usual disclaimers apply.

Address is as follows:
Croftgate Car and Leather Care
24 Newhallhey Business Park
New Hall Hey Road. Rawtwnstall
Rossendale, Lancashire, BB4 6HL
England

Te/Fax 01706 216096

Good luck and if you decide to acquire a kit from Croftgate let me
know how you made out.

Regards
--
Lenny Seidman