Re: Leaky pushrod tubes

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Subject: Re: Leaky pushrod tubes
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 15:20:59 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumph digest <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Jack W. Drews wrote:

> Anybody got a fix for leaky pushrod tubes?
>
> What's the latest and greatest solution for this one?

        Jack, how about something liquid like what you soak the little
        bits of felt in for the rear seal? I'd flow a few drops in on each
        tubeand let them dry overnight, then turn the head upside down and
        flow it on the cylinder side then squirt abit around the exterior
        where the tubes enter the head. Perhaps you may get a bit of
        capillary action to draw the sealer in. You may try thinning it a
        bit with denatured alcohol to help the process.

        I the tubes on my `4's engine don't leak. But this seems as good
        an idea as any...

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois