Uprating TR suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Uprating TR suspension
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 16:20:13 -0500 (EST)
Friends,
Well I'm finally getting around to doing the suspension on my TR4.  I have
the TR4A upper control arms and ball joints, and in front I'm installing
TriumphTune part #40001 springs which are rated at 390 lbs with Spax
shocks. Has anyone played around with cutting the aluminum spacers down to
lower it? I also have all "nylatron" bushings from MOSS, sqeakey bits!
For the rear, I bought the uprated rear springs from MOSS which
are referred to as "competition" units.  They are alot heavier than the
stock springs with thicker leaves (we're talking about the flat springs,
not the arched ones from the TR4A solid rear, or the coil springs from the
IRS version).  My other question is if anyone else is running this or a
similar combination, and how they like it for "spirited driving" (I like
to get it sideways on occasions.)  Autocross may be in the future for this
car too.  My main concern is that the springs will be so stiff that the
car will have no suspension. The car has no anti-sway bars as it stands.
Best Regards
-Kevin