Re: TR3 - Steering box

To: twakeman@scruznet.com, rpaterso@capital.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 - Steering box
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 13:07:36 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-07 11:33:40 EST, twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn
Wakeman) writes:

<< Send your old steering box to the Roadster factory for rebuilding.  I did
 & I'm a happy customer of their rebuilding dept.

I'm sure TRF does a very good job on these, but the cost is astronomical!  If
you need a new worm gear (I didn't on the two I've rebuilt) they get $200 for
that.  The full rebuild is $500 I believe.  you can certainly do it scads
cheaper yourself, even if you buy the parts from TRF.  It's not hard, and the
TRF glove box companion has a good article, in addition to the Haynes manual
being very good.  I would never consider the $500 rebuild.
Paul Vander Woude