Late TR-6 swing-arm brkts I.D.

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Late TR-6 swing-arm brkts I.D.
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 15:08:58 -0500
Fellow Motorheads,

Could someone please describe for me the proper placement of the brackets
that mount the swing-arms to the frame, for the '75 frame ?

As far as I can derive from the manuals, this would be:
outer brackets, 1 notch up
inner brackets, 3 notches up.

I'd really, really like to get this right the first time.  Yes, the TR-250
has gone to a new home, but I still have this '75 rolling chassis that I
bought years ago; it was an `abandoned project' at the time, and I figured,
Hey, if I can't have a whole TR to play with, this is the next-best thing,
so I'm trying to get it set up right for whatever future plans I can find
for it.  I realize that I really can't `eyeball' the rear camber of this
roller with no weight on it, but it looks excessive -- like the front
wheels of an old Farmall narrow-front tractor, honest.

Thanks, the collective wisdom here is worth more than $$$.
Tom Tweed
'75 TR-6 bare roller
SW Ohio