Re: Turn signals

To: lchillin@siu.edu
Subject: Re: Turn signals
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 22:50:28 EST
Cc: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Ichillin,

Several items to check out:

1. Remove and clean all electrical contacts betweeen the switch and
lamps.  You may have a corroded contact or connection.  If you have a VOM
or test lamp, you can check the resistances of the wire first to try to
locate the  high resistance leg.  Since the entire right side is out it
is probably between the switch and the junction of the front to rear.

2. Check the wattages of all the bulbs.  Different wattages will change
the flashing rate.  Sufficiently overwattage bulbs could totally inhibit
the flashing altogether.

3. Try substituting another flasher.

That's what I would check first.  Good luck

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A TS69032L
'74 Norton Commando Roadster