RE: springs & plastic washers???

To: MWHEATON@delphi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: springs & plastic washers???
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:21:32 -0600
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961114102132g ]
Mark,
   As you have already heard the plastic washers are for the center piece
(metal, not plastic on my GT6). When using my mags I have to use steel
washers due to the cone shape on the wheels or the washers just spread (like
you have experienced). You can get the washers you need at an auto parts or
speed shop. Just ask for Mag washers. They come in a pack of 5 ($$). Another
source is an industrial bolt supply (cheap). I had them match up one for me
and it had to be some metric size to keep the ID smaller than the inch part.
 If you don't need those plastic washers I can make you a deal at the
December meeting of Gold Coast Triumph Club.
Later,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII