Re: Alcohol (was Problems with new fuel was Marvel Mystery Oil)

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alcohol (was Problems with new fuel was Marvel Mystery Oil)
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:49:50 -0500

<< Rubbing alcohol may be isopropyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol - read the
labels.
 90% or 91% isopropyl alcohol may be hard to FIND on the shelf but its not
 hard to GET. If you don't see it on the shelf in your local drugstore, ask
 the pharmacist. >>

Sorry - I didn't know of ethyl alcohol sold as "rubbing alcohol".  In any
event, I'd still refrain from using even 90-91% isopropyl alcohol if not in
dire need -- you're still ADDING 9-10% water with that concentration.

BTW -- if you buy anhydrous isopropyl alcohol, keep the container closed --
it tends to take on water from the atmosphere, thereby lowering its' drying
capabilities and increasing the amount of water you're adding to your tank!!

-Karl