TR6 & Smog II Calif.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 & Smog II Calif.
From: Gene Muramoto <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:53:53 -0800
Cc: MClan@wow.com
I am new to the digest.  I have a 70 TR6 that has been garaged for 15
years after being hit.  I was planning to get it running again but then
came SMOG II in Calif and I need some info to decide what to do.  I have
dual Stromberg carbs that have not been altered by me, but the car came
from Texas and there was no emission fittings or tubing connected to the
carbs.  My local parts dealer cannot find a parts source for any of the
emission fittings or tubing and it looks like the equipment has changed
on the TR6 every year.  Does anyone know what smog equipment is supposed
to be connected to the carbs for 70 and a source for fittings and
tubing?  Also, the car has a glasspack muffler--any reasonable sources
for an OEM muffler?  Finally, the smog shops that I have talked to in
Sacramento, CA all say that they will not even attempt to smog a Triumph
with dual carbs.  Anyone know of a shop where they have had success on
passing a 70TR6 under SMOG II or does anyone have a list of the
physical inspection items from when they had their car smogged? TIA.

Gene M.