Re: AutoX Bob and Rockford/Cheap Shot

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX Bob and Rockford/Cheap Shot
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:12:07 -0500 (EST)
On some date mjb writes:

>The motor need not be running a monster cam or high compression ratios, though,
>to get some benefit from the carbs.  A decent exhaust system is pretty much
>required, though.  On my autocross Spit, with a '76 9:1 motor, stock cam (in
>truth, the least worn out of several stock cams) and no port work, the dual
>DCOE carbs tend to work pretty well.  Gee, if Bob Lang does some more work on
>his TR6, it might be almost as fast as my little Spit!  [Okay, cheap shot.  At
>Rockford, Bob actually had a better raw time than the Spit, but bumped a cone.
>Wait until Texas!]

I have to be honest here: I wasn't at Rockford.

I am thinkin' pretty hard about going to Dallas, though. It's only 1700+ miles
for me (each way) . Regular drive in the park! I'll have to tote the ol' race
tires a good long way for that one, but it'll be worth it.

It would be nice to "defend the crown", so to speak.

;-),
rml

p.s. gettin' ready to put in the SuperTrapp and locked rear... that should
scrape a few more "tenths" off the ol' time. Now all I need is a wide open
course. SCCA will probably demand that I put in a roll bar because I'll
be so fast!
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Never enough.