(another) TR2 steering box Q

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: (another) TR2 steering box Q
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:20:00 GMT
As you (who read) may remember I was having problems removing the drop arm from
the rocker shaft, this is now apart with the help of a little heat and alot of
puller !!. All is now cleaned, primed and painted (satin black). All the new
parts are in my posession after a good sized order to Cox & Buckles. The
question
I have relates to fitting the new bush to the steering housing to support the
rocker shaft. The fitting of this item is not mentioned in any of my manuals i.e
Haynes, Bentely or Triumph. Does the new bush have to be reamed once in place
or is it supplied with the correct I.D. Just a word of note on this matter, I
discovered that when fitting these bushes there is a top and a bottom. The top
being where the oil groove goews right to the edge, the other end of the oil
feed groove ends short of the bottom of the bush, again this is not mentioned
inthe manuals.
P.S Anybody got a complete interior in any condition for my 54 TR2 and would be
wiling to sell and send.!! Depending on that Triumph spirit and good will and
all that.
John Gillis
1954 TR2 (long door) long haul
Trinity College, Dublin